Wednesday 2 September 2015

Gremlins and scary painting for WOYWW

I thought I had missed a couple of weeks
with my blog and wow it's been over 
a month since I last annoyed you all.
Can't have that now can we.
(Warning, lots of catching up to do so WOYWWer's
are welcome to look at desk and run..while you can)
Actually it's me who's been annoyed.
Annoyed by the mess gremlins.
These are the tidier shots, you should see what's on
the floor in the corner.
Now I know what you're thinking...  she's just made the mess
all by herself.  Well I protest.... okay, so maybe some
of it is me but most is those pesky
messy gremlins.
Just look at the ground sheet all wavied up and
trippy overy squishy crumpled.  
There's no way I could have done all that.
I just walk carefully (cough, cough) around from table
to table.  Those gremlins come in at night when I'm not 
around and play twister - I'm sure of it.
And they go into my other room 
and throw paper around onto the floor. 

Those pesky beasts even got into my washing machine
the other day and it wouldn't stop filling.
Of course that happened while I was taking Little Miss
to school, so the floors and anything within a fifty mile radius
had a really thorough clean.
Not content to mess up my washing machine they then
attacked my kettle, which has started leaking water
all over the base plate.
I tell you, they are trying to get me.
I'll either drown while doing the washing,
get electrocuted while making a cuppa or
trip over and clunk my head while walking in my art room.
If anyone knows how to make those devils leave
I'd like to hear from you.

I've finished a few paintings since I last posted,
there was the commission piece 
(which is the reason for my absence from the blogosphere)
The dull green is actually a lovely turquoise in real life, just can't get the camera to see it.
 Then I finished my bird painting

and I'm a bit further with my other bird painting

Lots of squidly didlyness there but still a long way to go.

You can see my hanging bird in the second picture up the top.
He's looking really scary cos his face is in it's underwear.
I've just started mapping it out and he's rather naked
and scary looking.
Speaking of scary, I'm currently doing the 
most scary thing ever.
A portrait of my girls ( cue Phycho shower scene violin music).
Now don't panic, I'm not going to plaster them all over the
 screen and turn you off in droves, you know the Oh no,
 not another mother putting up the kids photos, sort of thing.
I'm a bit funny about them being up for the world to
 look at so I don't put any photos of them up or paintings.
Not that I'm blowing my own horn and saying that
 it is a great likeness or anything...mainly cos it isn't
 and boy is it hard  to draw them.
I've waffled on a bit already so I'll tell you all about
the pain that is my portrait painting next week.
Of course that's assuming I haven't lost my temper
and put my foot through it.
Now you've heard my long winded tale,
why not hop over to
and see what the others have been up to 
on their desks.
I need a cuppa....just hope I don't get a free perm doing it!





14 comments:

  1. great to see you back, and your paintings too, we missed them! as always you have such wonderful things to share. hope those pesky gremlins get the message soon! Helen 2.

    ReplyDelete
  2. No gremlins here at the moment thankfully although I have a pesky fur critter that causes her own little mayhem.
    Great to see all of your current work. I'm hoping you put your nakey bird behind a discretely placed leaf unit he gets his plumage sorted.
    Pity we won't see your portrait but I can understand why.
    Have fun and enjoy your Wednesday xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Welcome back! I'm so happy to be reading your meanderings again...mainly cos I identify with them so much, lol!! Why is it that when one lot of technology dies, others feel the need to follow suit? Sigh......
    Love the paintings as ever...how fantastic to be getting commissions. Is that scarier...when you have to paint something to order rather than ideas evolving?
    Hope you and yours are well...don't put your foot through the portrait, that would be a shame :-)
    Hugs, LLJ 5 xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. If this beauty is what comes out of your mess, then I want one!
    Glenda #31

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Vonny....you really have given me a good old chuckle today with your messy gremlins - just take care now, if they're moving freely about the laundry and kitchen. As always I love your artwork and I'm sure the portrait will be fantastic. Enjoy your week Cheers RobynO#22

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely to see you back in woyww. Stunning paintings and I really love the commissioned piece. Now those gremlins seem to exist down south as well ... nasty little critters. Have a lovely week.
    sandra de @33

    ReplyDelete
  7. Welcome back!! I love the way you've been dealing with those pesky gremlins... made me smile .....

    have a good week
    Christine
    Bishopsmate #39

    ReplyDelete
  8. I can see you have been very busy and your work is gorgeous. Have a great woyww and happy crafting, Angela x 20

    ReplyDelete
  9. lol I am certainly going to borrow the gremlins excuse, it sounds so much better than "not me" that painting has such cool textures. and the underwater one looks like shades of blues on my monitor but, I know what you mean. my camera gets a mind of its own with shades of red. ~Stacy #46

    ReplyDelete
  10. I have gremlins doing trippy things to a rug over here. I can't seem to catch them, either--LOL! Going to try moving the area rug and we'll see what happens. Always love seeing what you have been painting! So talented! Have a great rest of the week, Vonny. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. As always I love your bright artwork. Good luck with the gremlins. I have never been able to completely get rid of them. ;-)
    April #45

    ReplyDelete
  12. Vonny I think it's catching! I've also been so busy with various projects so I haven't been posting for a while either! The difference between us is that you have finished lots of things, whereas I have started lots of things. Humph! Anyway, as always a fantastic display of artwork to look at! Can't advise how to get rid of those Gremlins... I have them here too. What I am looking for now is a painting fairy :0)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your paintings are amazing, as always - the jelly fish one is so beautiful and I love the finished bird - those flowers are exquisite. Hope you have a good week and get those gremlins under control!
    Diana #26

    ReplyDelete
  14. I know those gremlins too, they're just everywhere. Absolutely love your jellyfish painting, so delicate and beautiful. And your bird paintings are just amazing!

    ReplyDelete

I really love getting comments but due to a high amount of spam I had to take the anonymous user off of the comments. Sorry to those who can't leave a comment.
Thanks, Von.